National Register of Historic Places (2009)
Columbia Central Fire Station is located at the corner of Senate and Park Streets in the Vista Entertainment district in Columbia, South Carolina. It was built between 1949 and 1951, and consists of two buildings and a fire tower structure. The main building is a two-story, rectangular, brick building. It has a flat roof and features horizontal bands of windows. The one-story, fire truck garage building and main building were constructed in 1949-1950. The drill tower is a six-story reinforced concrete structure built in 1951. The complex served as the Columbia Fire Department’s Headquarters from 1950 until 1995.